IPN Resend Failure

Zardiw
Contributor
Contributor

Started happening recently. The live transactions work.......the IPN hits my script and everything is hunky dory.......but when i resend an IPN it always fails.

I don't think PayPal is actully calling my script, since the first thing the script does is send me an EMail.........

z

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

sgrayban
Contributor
Contributor

Well said !!

Sadly the PayPal code monkeys don't care if merchants lose money so long as they don't. Cat Mad

Login to Me Too

sgrayban
Contributor
Contributor

Our IPN isn't working either for over a month now. It's really annoying when just one thing breaks and auto provisioning fails because IPN wont work.

I have sent emails and even called and still nothing. All I get is a run around and lame scripted excuses.

With all the fees they take from us you figured they would hire developers that can actually code software.

So disappointing.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi sgrayban,

The issue you're replying to has been resolved since ~ mid May to the best of my knowledge.

Can you let me know what the exact issue you're seeing? You're saying IPN fails completely; have you verified that your IPN script is working?

Alternatively, can you share your checkout URL with me so I can run a couple of tests against it?

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/
Login to Me Too

sgrayban
Contributor
Contributor

If you have access to Incident: 120607-000399 all that info is there. The tech I talked to said she tested the callback url on a test site and it worked but inside the PP settings its not even trying to test the url and just saying that it can't verify the URL. Even when we tried to disable the IPN is gives a error.

It's a mess -- I have logs of her testing the url but nothing from the PP servers.

Login to Me Too

scso1502
Contributor
Contributor

I received this message from Paypal in response to my original support ticket I about the broken IPN issues all the way back in April. You're gonna love this:

"Hello Mike,
The issue with Instant Payment Notification (IPN) was resolved during a past site update. You should have noticed the resolution by now yourself but this notice is to confirm the fix with you and to close this ticket.
If you have any other problems with IPN please let us know. Thank you"

Well... No I didn't notice myself... and why did you not respond immediately when it was supposively fixed instead of waiting another 3 weeks to tell people. Unreal!

You people at Paypal are a joke!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.