How to get tracking number if I check out as guest?

Jwoods767
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item through paypal as a guest and asked the seller for a tracking number, but he told me that it had been posted on ebay. However I cannot access the tracking number since I made the purchase as a guess. Can I call paypal and give them the reciept number so that they can find the tracking number for me?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If the tracking number is not showing on ebay then it won't probably show on paypal as you don't have an account.

HOWEVER if you don't get an item you can still file a dispute with paypal but you have to phone customer services and they will open one for you.

Customer Services.

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option.

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If the tracking number is not showing on ebay then it won't probably show on paypal as you don't have an account.

HOWEVER if you don't get an item you can still file a dispute with paypal but you have to phone customer services and they will open one for you.

Customer Services.

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option.

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.