How can I get my money back?

jmak
Contributor
Contributor

I recently bought a phone off of an online market (it has been 40 minutes since the transaction). The seller accidentally had his paypal linked to his bosses, so the money was sent to his boss. Looking at the transaction in my history, I cannot cancel the payment. My plan is to cancel the payment so I am not deducted $150 without receiving the item. But, there is no option to cancel. What do I do? I have already emailed the person I sent the money to, and there has not been a response yet.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Tricia
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @jmak,

I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience this has caused.

I would recommend filing a claim against the transaction. Here is a link with instructions to file a claim. This will work towards receiving a refund or the item ordered.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Tricia Smiley Happy

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

jmak
Contributor
Contributor
I got my PayPal refunded, thank you so much for your help. However, my credit card was still charged, but it says pending. Since it was refunded on paypal, is it going to stay pending forever?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.