Help! Issue with refunding and insufficient funds!

Fusion49786
Contributor
Contributor

SO FAR this has been the most unbelievably disappointing, money wasting and irritating thing i've ever dealt with while using Paypal. 

I use ebay. I sold an item for $160, but spent the money right away and now I had no money in my paypal account. And what does the guy do? He requests a return.

So now I owe $160.... I resold the item, after getting charged 2 times by my bank to pay the refund, I eventually got the money. Now. 

I owe $160 right? I had about $172 in my paypal.....

What do they do? Nothing. The refund didn't even payoff. So I try and transfer money to my bank. It's been 4 days and still, it hasn't showed up.

Next thing, I get another fee email saying "ahhh your bank account has insufficient funds".!!! They charged me for the 3rd time! I feel like I am getting scammed. Will my money ever reach my bank account?!?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Prowlcorp
Contributor
Contributor

I went through a similar problem(not with ebay), so let me just say this. The money is lost and, assuming you didnt get the item back yet, the guy probably scammed you and the box has something different in it. What you can do next time to prevent this is follow these steps. State that you do not allow refunds as item is sent as pictured. Ask your shipping company to make a record that the item is indeed there and what the weight is for dispute purposes, and do this again on return before it can even leave the facility(may need to call). Do not remove funds until you confirm under ebays/paypals eyes with him that he has recieved the item.

Login to Me Too

Fusion49786
Contributor
Contributor

But the thing is, I never shipped out the item to him. He wanted a refund like 2 days later right before I was going to ship it. I'm forced to give a refund somehow.

I resold the item and came up with the money. 

I transfered it to my bank to try and pay off the money I owe to ebay and it says:

"You asked us to transfer $160.00 USD from PayPal to your bank account, and we're processing it now. It usually takes 3-4 business days for transfers like this to go through, so you should see the money in your bank account by Feb 8, 2016."

So far it's been 4 days. Does this really mean my money is gone?? How can that be?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.