HELP! Charge on my bank account have no idea what its for

debbiee
Contributor
Contributor

I recieved my bank statement and there is a charge that says PAYPAL  INST Xfer and the amount. I am usually so good with keeping track of all my transactions. 

I have checked all the payment history on paypal but can't find that charge anywhere. I usually always use my paypal credit card when making payemnts. This came out of my bank account. 

Is there somewhere else you look for a history of charges taken from your bank account? and why doesn't paypal say what place the payment is for.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately as no one here can view account information, you should contact customer support direct with your concerns.

Some additional thoughts:

Have you purchased anything recently and did not have the full amount in your PayPal Account Balance?   If so the difference would come from your bank account.  Check you account history for a purchase larger than the charge you have, that may be a clue.

Login to Me Too

debbiee
Contributor
Contributor

No I haven't even bought anything in that time frame.  The problem is I never set my payments to come out of my bank account only on my Pay pal credit card. Don't like paypal having the right to take money from my account. And now I really am unhappy that this is allowed to happen and they can't even tell me who they released the funds too. and just list it the way they did.

Went to the bank and they said I have to contact paypal ,but can't till monday . and if They can't help me figure what happened the only thing I can do is cancel my bank account and open a new one. which would mean I would even have to buy new checks.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Suggest directing your questions and/or concerns directly to customer support.  As no one here can look at account info, you need to speak with customer support direct.

Login to Me Too

1nonly86
New Community Member

* I pasted the same response I gave to someone else in another thread with a very similar problem. (I apologize if i ended up repeating anybody else who answered in my haste to cut & paste. Hope it's helpful* 

ALMOST ALWAYS this means one thing (and you will soon find it's not Paypal's evil doing). Any time you either:

1) download some kind of app from google play/amazon apps/microsoft app store, and you have your payment account tied up to your Paypal account, that mean ole new game you've been playing got you all addicted to it and suddenly... Whaaat? Trial offer? Must pay $____ dollars to "unlock" the rest?! - Then, against our better judgment, cause the game is so good, you hit OK... and, it seems that is that, at least you probably forgot about it anyway.... Yet sadly it is not. That in-app-purchasing-**bleep**-trap DID charge your account, in Paypal's name.

2) OR whenever this all-to-familiar-senerio occurs: you sign up for those "risk free trial memberships" on some website, that promises you will not owe them a dime for full access to their services - just as long as you remember to cancel your trial membership before the 14th day (but not before the 3rd day, of course)... You can do this by simply going to the FAQ portion of their site, then weed through several "frequently asked questions" (that never seem to be about cancelling your account), when you FINALLY come across cancellation instructions: You just need to go tto the website they have listed below, conveiniantly NOT made into a hyperlink; then call their membership cancellation  1-800 number & wait for the next available representative... But make sure you do all this during their regular business hours from 9 am - 5 pm Monday thru Thursday! Because if you fail to cancel your "free trial membership" before the previously stated trial period ends; then they will charge you the price of a full month's subscription, each month, until you DO cancel. AND if you decided to sign up with your Paypal account instead of entering your debit/credit card info (because, you weren't actually gonna have to pay anything for a free trial anyway, right?); weeeeell... unfortunately, no. Those tricky, surprisingly-unavailable, Customer Service Reps succeeded in swindling your $$ from you; though they did so while also assuring that Paypal's name shows up for all the dirty work.

Now, obviously not everyone's situation falls under one of those 2 possibilities... But in all of my personal experiance, it does. 

MORAL OF THE STORY?: Beware of the falsely claimed: Free Trial... and WATCH OUT for hidden in-app purchasing/charges.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.