Got email notification, didnt recieve what I paid for?

Dejectly
New Community Member

So last night, I needed to buy something on Amazon, and I only had paypal credit to buy it. So I decided to buy virtual amazon gift cards and just redeem them for credit. To test it, I bought a $60 amazon gift card, and it worked just fine. So I tried doing a $400 gift card, and the site said before I could continue the transaction, i had to go to my account page to verify my identity. So I did that, and got no notification through the site that my payment went through. I checked my paypal wallet balance, and it was still at what it was previously. Checked my email, and I had a receipt  from paypal saying the payment went through. However I didnt recieve the gift card, nor does it show in my activity/wallet. I tested to buy another $50 amazon gift card, and the site said the transaction failed, try another payment option. Checked my email again, and paypal says the payment went through.  But again, it doesnt show it was taken from my paypal wallet and doesnt show in my activity.

So my question is, did I get scammed, or do I just need to wait for this website to confirm my transactions? I sent the site a ticket explaining the situation, but still dont have a response. Thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.