Gift sent to technologically inept friend...help!

Jacque2
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a payment to a friend 5 months ago, and she keeps complaining that she can't create a Paypal account because she doesn't understand how to do it.  I asked her to forward me the Paypal payment email, and I'll create the account for her, but she hasn't done that, and I'm not sure she even has the email anymore.  I'm sure it's buried in her pile of emails in her unorganized Inbox, and she can no longer find it.   She says, "send me a check next time"..well, that doesn't help this payment!!

The only thing I can think of is Paypal resend the email.. or get 3 of us on the phone with customer service.  Paypal has to have some process to help this situation!!  I've already emailed their customer service, and they respond, "contact your friend, we can't do anything".. .I'm at my wits end.  Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jacque2

If she does not have a paypal account then normally it would show as unclaimed in your paypal account and you can cancel it OR it would be returned to you at 30 days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jacque2
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!  The transaction says "Completed".  Does this mean my friend actually HAS a Paypal account?  The $ did not get returned to my account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jacque2

If its completed then the payment has gone to an email address associated with a paypal account.

So its either hers and one she has forgotten about OR you made a typo in the email address and it completed to someone else.

But if she got an email to say she was paid then it would have gone to her paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.