Error Code 70020 - Can't pay using paypal??

zoomwireless
New Community Member

I have had a paypal account for many many years.  Always use payment direct from my checking.  Tonight, suddenly, it shows that I have a debit balance of about $12, which is not possible since I have plenty of money in my account.  Now when I try to pay, I get an error code 70020 from PayPal and I cannot pay for my purchases.  Anyone have a fix for this??? Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately the error codes are so secret, PayPal won't tell us the exact cause.  It can be a problem with the system, an issue with your account, etc.  You may want to contact customer support for assistance as they can look at your account.

Before you do that, try deleting your web browser's cookies, temp files and history, then close your browser, reopen it and retry.

Login to Me Too

texasmetals
New Community Member

apparently paypal is too stupid to even train their reps since they have no idea what I'm calling about and keep putting me on hold. What a cluser F paypal continues to be. so happy for them and their MONOPOLOY

Login to Me Too

theresaprincess
New Community Member

Hi did anyone ever get this ptoblem dolved? As I am getting error code 70020, and saying I am in debt 8.23 as I carnt understand that as I only ever pay out of my bank  hepl I have been trying to oay for my items for 4days now

Login to Me Too

kevindagift
Contributor
Contributor

I had a negative balance and recieved the same error when buying something from ebay.  All I did was pay the negative balance first then I was able to make a purchase from ebay.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.