Credit In Account Effects E-Cheques?

IsotopeCross
Contributor
Contributor

I've recently put £25 in my account for a preordered game out in September and have been paying my commissioners via my authorised bank account and all of a sudden, the payments have been sent as "E-Cheques" . is it cause I have credit and the accoutn is deeming that I spend the credit before I can pay proper with my bank account?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi IsotopeCross,

I can see how this might be concerning and would be happy to help clarify.

An eCheck is an electronic funds transfer from your bank account to another customer's PayPal account. It's like writing a check, but you send it electronically. You can pay with an eCheck even if you don't have a balance in your PayPal account.

ECheck payments are typically sent in place of Instant Transfer payment when you no longer have a back-up funding source (credit or debit card) linked to your PayPal account. In situations like this, it is probable that your credit/debit card has expired and needs to be updated; however, eCheck payments can also be a result of our internal security model blocking your other methods of funding.

If you would like us to investigate this matter further, please reach out to us directly for additional assistance. We can be reached by clicking on the 'contact us' link at the bottom of any PayPal page or on Twitter or Facebook.

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

IsotopeCross
Contributor
Contributor

\thanks for getting back to me but I have sorted this out now. I called their Help Line and they said the E-Cheques was an issue on their end (Paypal) cause of a system / software glitch that will clear the weekend. My card doesn't expire for awhile yet nor does my bank account. Everything is sorted! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.