Cancelled payment

Skulls
Contributor
Contributor

i cancelled a payment this morning and it has been taken from my account balance. My bank says it will stay floating in case it is collected for 3 to 5 days. Is there any way you can get pay pal to confirm this will not be requested as it was cancelled prior to it being collected. My problem is I now do not have these funds in my account to pay the bill now and will have to wait for my fans to re credit. Any advice would be much appreciated thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Skulls

When you authorise a payment it is not sent instantly from your bank account > paypal credit the seller for you and then paypal wait for your funds to transfer from your bank account.

They can leave your bank account anything from 2 hours up to 3 days later and then take up to 7 days to get to paypal.

If the payment is cancelled then those funds can't do a u-turn they have to process through to paypal who then returns them or credits your paypal balance.

If the request for payment fails then paypal will try again a few days later and if that fails they will use your back up funding source ie a debit or credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.