Can't send money or pay an invoice

The_Pooka
Contributor
Contributor

I've been a business member of Paypal for over a decade, and other than a few glitches, I have been very pleased.  However, starting last weekend, I have been unable to either send money or pay an invoice.  I first noticed this when I tried to send a donation.  This was the error message that came up. " We can’t send your payment right now. If you keep running into this issue, please contact PayPal."  I contacted Paypal, and they hadn't a clue as to why I couldn't use the send money function and had no way to resolve this.  I finally gave up and sent off a check to the charity.  Then I received an invoice on Monday, and again I couldn't pay the bill.  Same error as before.  I again called Paypal, and again, same response.  No idea why.  Can't help you.  This time they did say that they would ask their technical team to check into this problem, but I haven't heard one peep from this "team".  I'm beginning to think that this is just a way to get rid of annoying people.  I have tried quite a few times during the past few days to pay this invoice.  I contacted the company to let them know what was happening.  And each time I try to pay the invoice, I get the same error message.  Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@The_Pooka

Try clearing your cache ie cookies / history etc.

Also what funding sources do you have linked to your paypal account and are they all in date?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

The_Pooka
Contributor
Contributor

Cleared cache, cookies, history first time it happened.  Funding sources are all current and able to fund any of my transactions.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Pistol-Pete
New Community Member

I am having similar issues...Tried to complete a payment and I got a message saying there was a problem, and it suggested I use a different card? All the information was correct in the payment section. Was using Paypal credit.

Login to Me Too

The_Pooka
Contributor
Contributor

My funding is through my bank account or credit card.  Thanks for your answer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.