Re: Verify account (SCAM)

PRBrown

Since this topic seems to be closed (the "post a reply" button is grayed out), I'm reposting under the same title.

The same thing happened to me -- your "sending limit" has been reached, yadda yadda, need bank account info (as if), please re-enter credit card info (done), now please send us $2.45, which will will refund in two days (received an e-mail saying the credit had been processed and never got it back), miles and miles of time and e-mails, and still can't use my PayPal account to pay for a $7.00 purchase.

Bye-bye PayPal.  Enjoy the $2.45 you receive from thousands of people, if not more.  Sleep well.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PRBrown

BTW, it's been two months since PayPal was apparently going to refund my $2.45 that they needed to confirm my identity...  Obviously not going to happen.

Login to Me Too

Darlenelovesgm
New Community Member
I got this email and thought it was legit. I logged in then realized it was not legit when it asked for bank/credit card info. But it was too late. A payment was fraudulently taken off my credit card. I received an email re this transaction. I cancelled it. How long will it take for the refund to show back on my card?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.