Help! Can't transfer pay pal account balance to my bank.

xc800can
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried transfering money from my pay pal account to my verified bank savings account three times now, with no luck. (always "transaction reversed" due to "technical difficulties"). FINALLY this morning got in touch with a real person at pay pal. Apparently, my pay pal account has to match my bank account info exactly, hopefully this is the problem? Right now, my bank has my middle initial in my name, pay pal doesn't. I have tried to submit a request to pay pal for a name change, but I'm unable to access that form for some unknown reason, keeps telling me to try again. (after 5 times, I've given up!) . I still find it somewhat strange my transactions keep getting reversed, but I have no problems ever when I buy something, pay pal immediatly takes the money OUT of my bank account, but going the other way is impossible? Does anyone agree the account names have to be indentical? John.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You may run into additional issues having a Savings Account instead of a Checking Account.  The rules for how the account is used are a bit different as you may be restricted to the number of transactions you can do per month.  You may want to check with your bank if there are any restrictions with using your savings account.

Yes, the account names must match.

Login to Me Too

xc800can
Contributor
Contributor

Strange, I'm about 99% sure to verify my bank account pay pal insisted it be the savings account! It really blows being here in Canada at times, I found out this morning I cannot get the balance sent to be by check, only U.S. accounts can access that service.  I already checked with my bank, no restrictions on that account. I can use it to pay pay pal, but for some reason pay pal cannot put money into it. I still need to know how I can put in my middle intitial into my pay pal account name, my bank has STRONGLY suggested I do not try to alter things on their end. (understandably, EVERYTHING is with them, mortgage, savings, r.e.s.p.'s, etc.,.

Login to Me Too

xc800can
Contributor
Contributor

I've just attempted my middle initial addition to my account name, successful on the fifth try! (fifth times a charm! lol!) Now I'll have to wait it out until pay pal emails me the change is o.k. (which it should be, very minor.) I'm still not understanding why I can send money from my savings account at my bank, to the pay pal account without a problem, but try to go the other way, no dice. Account numbers match up, just plain weird. I would think it would be the other way around, with the bank making it difficult to withdraw funds, than to refuse money going in?  Nothing really surprises me anymore though I guess! Thanks for your reply snowshoe, John.

Login to Me Too

xc800can
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, middle initial apparently wasn't the "technical difficulty". After three days of the "completed" on my transfer info on pay pal, saw it change this morning to "reveresed" yet again. I give up, nobody at pay pal gives me a straight answer, it would certainly be nice if an actual cause was given to me, instead of the "it could be anything " vague computer generated "technical difficulties". Even MORE frustrating is apparently Canadian accounts are not allowed to just have the balance sent to them by check, that's only U.S. accounts. So now I had to burn off yet ANOTHER fee to send the cash to my brother in Michigan!  Up to $3.14 spent to try to transfer cash, when the annoying computer generated email keeps telling me it's supposed to be"no fee", apparently that's just U.S. accounts also, as Canadian accounts will be charged if the amount is under $150. Nice. In the future I'll be VERY sure to avoid pay pal for anything other than just ebay purchases, never for any other functions!!!  SO, the initial amount was $120, after all the transfer fees and reversed transactions, (that I was STILL charged for, even though nothing was transfered!) my final amount I will recieve is $114. Pay pal gets $6 on a $120 transfer. Nice profit margin for no work, kinda makes me wonder if they are government owned?

Login to Me Too

xc800can
Contributor
Contributor

This just keeps getting better and better. The funds were in my pay pal account, due to the reversal. So, I transfered all to my brother in Michigan. One problem, the funds are in his account, but they are on HOLD. This is now bordering insanity. This was CASH in my account, not a credit card amount, why in the world would a hold be put on cash that was in the account? MAN THIS IS GETTING FRUSTRATING!

Login to Me Too

xc800can
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, funds FINALLY recieved by my brother. So, to sum things up, sold two items to my freind in Quebec for $120 CDN., he paid me through Pay Pal, they took a "fee". I tried twice to transfer it to my bank, charged the "fee" TWICE, with both times reversed,nobody can give me a definate "why"(but the "fee" wasn't reversed!), then transfer to my brother in Michigan, another "fee", then he transfered to his bank, yup, you guessed it, another "fee". So, bottom line, my $120 CDN. will finally make it to my hands soon, but down to $108 U.S. I warn anyone that reads this, DO NOT use pay-pal, unless it's the ONLY method available.  A couple dollars "fees" I can swallow, but  alomost 10% is pretty much criminal in my books! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.