Cannot merge currencies

Goatmilk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have some 15 usd and 15 EUR in my PayPal account. Together, they would suffice to make a purchase I want to make. But for some ludicrous reason, they are kept separate. I have a total of 30, but can only access one currency at a time as means of payment.

I have googled. It always says to go "under your profile picture" - I have no such section! - and select "Currency manager" - there is no such link anywhere in my account! It is also suggested to "enter a desired amount" of my balance in a field to convert your balance of one currency, to that of another so you have more of the desired currency. There is no such option. 

I have a Premier account, but I only have the options to add or remove a currency, not to transfer funds between them. So instead of just paying the **bleep** 30 Euros or usd, I am forced to pay 15 of either currency and the rest with my credit card. This is ridiculous. Is there any way to fix this please?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Click on this icon ">" next to your paypal balance > manage currencies > currency conversion is in there BUT fees will apply.....when don't they?   Smiley Wink

I volunteer my time on here to help you, so leaving kudos or marking one of my posts as a "solution" would be appreciated.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Goatmilk
Contributor
Contributor

There is no such option (see screenshot): http://666kb.com/i/d1ydsvjqdzf4m817m.jpg

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well no but you have got something much better !!!!!!!!!!!

Can you not see just to the right of paypal balance where it says currency converter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Accounts change per country so instead of > and then manage currencies you have got it there anyway.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Goatmilk
Contributor
Contributor

I know. And it gives me this: http://666kb.com/i/d1ygqyopqdiuvj9k2.jpg

I can pick one. But I need the combined amount available in any one payment, as in, merge the currencies into one accessible total so I can spend 18 or 30 Euros/dollars/140NIS. But it only lets me access one currency per payment. Basically I can never buy anything for 30 Euros off that combined balance.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Goatmilk

Not sure if your page is similar to mine but lower down on the right of that page does it not say currency conversion? 

The idea is that you change the 3 currencies to the same currency and then it's merged and you can use it. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Goatmilk
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, nope, no such option. I can add however many currencies I want and remove those I have no money in. But I can't merge or convert one to another except to the extent of having the total displayed in ("converted to") the Primary Currency - but that's just display, not useable. 

Login to Me Too

VPerez
New Community Member

I have the same problem!! 

Paypal keeps saying: go to Summary Page, click on Paypal Balance, and then in Manage currency, but I don't have this option! I used to have it so I know exactly where it should be.

I contacted them two weeks ago and still they have not been able to solve this issue!!! 

Did you manage to find a solution?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Reynan
New Community Member

You helped me big time! Thank you! 

Login to Me Too

gojasujessie
New Community Member

Below your profile picture, you will see PayPal Balance and at the right side you will see details. Click details and it will route you to another page. You will see manage currencies, click it. If you have more than one currency, you may select which currency you would like and make it as your primary. If you want to merge your balance you may use the currency exchange at the right side. Select the currency from, amount that you wanted to exchange, currency to, calculate and then click on continue. That's it. Hope this helps! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.