echeck is a pain!!! Why all of a sudden?

myzee65
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason every Paypal transaction I do is done with an echeck which takes 6 days to clear?????? Why all of a sudden is this happening? All of my previous purchases were instant from my bank account. 

This echeck buisness is really getting on my nerves!

Did I miss something?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Instant transfers required both a bank account and credit card.  If the Intstant tranfer fails, then the credit card is used as a backup funding source.  If you don’t have a valid debit or credit card registered to your account at the time of payment and if your PayPal balance is not enough to cover the payment, it will be sent as an eCheck instead.

Login to Me Too

SFJake
Contributor
Contributor
But we were all able to do it this way before. I don't personally care what you have to say on how its supposed to be. I could do instant transfers for a long time and now I simply cannot. The service has completely changed and nothing I've done changed, so you explain -that- instead.
Login to Me Too

myzee65
Contributor
Contributor

100% agreed!

I see I am not the only one this is happening too! 😞

It's very frustrating for sure considering it never used to be this way. I know I have changed nothing to my account.

Login to Me Too

arrowodie
Contributor
Contributor
Not only is this a pain. It's pretty well a money grab. While PayPal transaction is pending for 7-10 days they Make sure the money is withdrawn from my bank account very promptly. Who do you suppose earns interest On all this money on countless thousands of transactions? It should be illegal. As far as I'm concerned when the Money came out of my bank it should have been directed to the seller immediately. I've sent 2 requests for clarity On this subject to customer service and have not received a reply at all. What used to be a great service is fast becoming yet another scam
Login to Me Too

wwesn
Contributor
Contributor

I have noticed this issue just now with a certain website I have been able to make purchases on for THREE YEARS! Now today the instant transfer will not work and it is asking me for a credit card.

What i don't understand is that on other websites it gives me the option to use instant transfers just not this one site (which is themeforest.net)

Why does paypal do the things they do?!?!?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.