Claims appeals and possible money requests

Favre77
New Community Member
Hello, I just won a claim where a seller didn't respond to a significantly not as described case, got to keep the item too. Now all of a sudden the seller is emailing me outside of paypal, through my Paypal email asking for the item back (which is basically junk). What recourse does the seller have for an appeal when they refused communication for almost a month? Since I am now starting to be harassed through my email, does the seller have the right to send money requests and to try to get their money back? If so, is this against policy? It would be a pain in the butt to change email addresses.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Favre77

They may have the right to their item back BUT paypal can't force you to return it and there is no reason for you to pay the return costs to return it either.

Why not tell them that you will return their item when they send payment to you for the return postage costs?

Failing that contact customer services and see if they can reach out to them to stop them harrassing you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.