Instant Transfer from Bank Account - Appears and disappears randomly

pattmyn

I've been dealing with this issue for WEEKS now. The "Instant Transfer" option for purchases and payments through my bank account appears and disappears on a whim. I've made upwards of 10-15 calls to customer service which have yielded no results. The only agent whom explanation differed from "I don't know why this is happening" went on to explain to me some kind of hidden spending limit that's not viewable by the users themselves and is in relation to a payment completion time frame that's a complete mystery to the user and viewable nowhere on the page. 

It was described as though even if all records of funding transfers and payments on the user end of Paypal's dashboard are completed (so both from my bank account into PayPal, then PayPal to the seller), there's a 7-14 day delay that can occur for transfers to actually complete. As I tried to push how illogical it would be for such a delay not to be visible for users, the agent went on to summarise with "Well we are a business trying to make money, so we need to place limits in to protect ourselves." at which point I terminated the call for both his tone and complete evasion of the issue at hand. 

I've also spend gobs more in shorter time frames WITH the Pay After Delivery option mere months ago without hitting this block, but now it's paralysed all my payments. An eBay seller even cancelled a transaction with me and left negative feedback because of the fact that I had no clue prior to trying to pay for the transaction that eCheck would be the only option available to me. 

Can anyone manage to make heads or tails of this? It's getting infuriating seeing as I have no way to know if a payment will clear until I get to the checkout page. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Temp20230601S
Contributor
Contributor

You aren't alone, I talked to paypal's customer support and the reply I got was "It's random"

What a complete load of bull**bleep**, clearly paypal doesn't care about its customers needs at all. Horrible company; the first person to make an alternative to this trash will be richer than these idiots.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.