Do I really need a credit card to sign up for Netflix?

Krestations
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to sign up for Netflix using my Paypal account, but every time I go through the process of signing up it say's I need to enter a credit card.

I have a confirmed linked bank account and was hoping to use that, but it keeps insisting on a credit card, which I dont have as of yet. There has to be a way to do this, whats the point of paying through paypal if it's just going to use your credit card anyway?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

tassie
New Community Member

I feel your pain. I was just on the phone with paypal and netflix, each blaming the other, each saying it should be no problem to use a bank acct linked with paypal acct to pay for netflix but the problem remains. I hate using my overused credit card for this and netflix shouldn't advertise this payment option if it doesn't actually work. Frustrating. Especially since I am now a confirmed Netflix addict.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Netflix requires the use of credit cards.  Additionally, credit cards offer additional proof of ID.  (It's not really a PayPal issue.)

Login to Me Too

Krestations
Contributor
Contributor

Well that's a major bummer. You'd think there would be some other way to get it.

Login to Me Too

jaime79

I have had Netflix for about a year now. I have never used a credit card as I dont have any. I have my paypal linkied to my bank account and have never had a problem until last month. Now I am being asked by Paypal to link a credit card for some reason. I called paypal and they say that netflix is the one asking and not them. But i find that funny because its in my paypal account that its asking from. I also tried to purchase online yesterday(which i have also done with no problems before) and it did the same thing. I am getting frustrated becuase I keep getting the run around from paypal.

Login to Me Too
Solved

tassie
New Community Member

I feel your pain. I was just on the phone with paypal and netflix, each blaming the other, each saying it should be no problem to use a bank acct linked with paypal acct to pay for netflix but the problem remains. I hate using my overused credit card for this and netflix shouldn't advertise this payment option if it doesn't actually work. Frustrating. Especially since I am now a confirmed Netflix addict.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.