Authorization Faliure in Steam

helpwithsteam
Contributor
Contributor

Today i attempted to buy a game in STEAM, but was denied. I went to my steam cart and selected checkout, was re-directed to paypal where i logged in and agreed to the purchase, was again re-directed to steam where i selected complete payment,  and was given this message:

"Your purchase has not been completed. The payment processor has reported an authorization failure. Please select a different payment method".

I am able to log in to paypal fine and view my account, where it says the transaction was denied. I have purchased with paypal before (not on steam). I recently changed my credit card, but made a purchase through paypal that was completed using the new one after the change. Today i also changed my password but it works. Any idea why i might be getting an authorization faliure? i viewed the api error and warning codes section but im not sure what i might need to fix, or if it is a steam client problem rather than paypal.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

helpwithsteam
Contributor
Contributor

ok i had the old credit card set as my main card and steam client for some reason only uses the main one so it wouldnt let me purchase the game because the card was dead.

solved.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

helpwithsteam
Contributor
Contributor

I am also unverified. The steam game was 16.99

Is this a problem?

I have not added a bank account., I only added my creditcard.

Login to Me Too
Solved

helpwithsteam
Contributor
Contributor

ok i had the old credit card set as my main card and steam client for some reason only uses the main one so it wouldnt let me purchase the game because the card was dead.

solved.

Login to Me Too

yana3l
Contributor
Contributor

Well, my credit card is the good one, and I just verified my email.. So I don't know why I'm having this issue

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.