Account flagged by internal security system? Can't pay for anything

Tosslehoff
New Community Member

Hello. I logged into my paypal account for the first time in quite a while the other day. Had a notification about someone from Uberlandia, BR attempting to log in. Thought I should secure the account, so I did (updated all security and personal info to relevant). 

I'm self-employed IT and part of my job is remote maintenance, so I figured it'd make sense to get back into paypal. I was paid recently, and upon attempting to spend it I'm greeted with this descriptively vague error "We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now" 

It advises me to attempt another payment method, but why would I do that? My paypal is not a savings account, lol. 

I've got another issue that may be linked - my account is 80% verified, but attempting to link my bank account just brings me to a page advising me to either log out or return to my account summary page. I created (and consequently deleted) another account just to verify that this is not the correct page.

Any advice? I've been through the gamut of related threads dating back to 2013 and tried all of the regular 'fixes' (updating information, removing and readding various things, various browser and router settings) but was unable to find anything related to my bank linking issue.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Freyii
Contributor
Contributor
Having the same problem. PayPal blaming Newegg and Newegg blaming PayPal... On the phone 5 hours or more and still no resolution.
Login to Me Too

ThisIsStupid2
Contributor
Contributor

This is utter **bleep**. I'm trying to pay for an item that is extremely hard to get, one of those things you need to pay for fast to secure otherwise it's gone and PayPal won't let me pay because "the security system flagged this sir"!! They can't tell me why and even though I have paid a similar invoice from this party already THOUGH PayPal in the past AND I am telling them it is legit and not a security issue THEY CANNOT MANUALY OVERIDE IT!?! **bleep**?!? This is this stupidest **bleep** I have come across.
The ONLY solution they could offer me was "find another payment option"
Fine *bleep** you PayPal, I will find another payment source from now on as often as I possibly can. Have spent so much $'s through you over the years but now you can **bleep** off for such stupidity. I don't trust any company that can't manualy override a computer's automated decision.

Login to Me Too

ThisIsStupid2
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal has serious issues. As per above I had a seller, who I trust, try to invoice me. Wouldn't work, flagged by their fraud system. Apparently I have to wait and try again according to phone help. No good. Tried other ways to "unflag" it. Still no good. So seller splits voice into 2 so it's a lower amount, flagged again. Then seller tries it I 3 chunks flagged again.

The seller says he is having other invoices paid so thinks I have started playing games with him and no longer wants to sell to me!! WTF?? PayPal I called you probably 15 times about the issue and no-one NO ONE could help me! You let me pay an invoice to this seller in the past SO WHAT CHANGED?? 

Unless a computer can tell someone from PP what to post I dont don't expect a response. The parrots here will be no different from the parrots on their phones. "Yes sir I understand this is inconvenient, perhaps try again later. No sir our system doesn't say why it was flagged. No sir we can't override the system. Yes sir I understand you know you can trust this seller. Sir you can try again in 24hrs and if that doesn't work you could try another payment method. Yes sir......" ON AND ON and round they go. It's literally a case of "Computer says no" but said in 20 different ways while they pretend to try offer a solution but in actual fact have given and done nothing.

cant tell you you how much this has destroyed my loyalty towards PayPal. I have changed as many of my automated payments from you guys back to my own CC. Drop in the ocean I know you don't care, but it's the principal for me.

hahaha just noticed, they can't come in here and reply with help but can come on to edit my already censored swearing above?? Come on PayPal show you are more than a bunch of people reading responses from a computer screen. But you can't, cause you're not.

Login to Me Too

Fran93
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having this exact situation. Support is poor, security system is poor, everything is... I really want to use this payment method, but they just don't let you use it. I kinda feel discriminated by this.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.