Error message when sending $ for goods/services?

Win1
Contributor
Contributor
I keep trying to make a PayPal payment, from my bank account, for goods/services. I keep receiving a generic error message stating "We can't send your payment right now", and advising that if I keep running into this issue then I should contact PayPal, and that if I continue to encounter problems then I should contact Customer Service. I have more than enough in my PayPal account so I know that can't be the problem. PayPal was also working perfectly fine for me yesterday. Is anyone else getting this message? What is going on?? I have purchases that I need to pay for; being prevented the chance to do do is extremely stressful!!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

JENITRON3000
Contributor
Contributor
I'm trying to buy flights and I'm getting the same message!! two days in a row!! Can anyone help here???
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello Win1 & JENITRON3000,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear there's been a problem completing a purchase. That's no good! Here's some information I hope will be helpful!

Win1 mentioned the payment is being funded by a bank account. Is that the same for you, JENITRON3000? If you only have a bank account added to your PayPal account as a funding source, it usually helps to also add a credit or debit card so that you have a back up funding source to your bank account. This allows PayPal to send a payment as an Instant Transfer.

An Instant Transfer is when PayPal sends money to a merchant for a customer, and then requests reimbursement, usually from a bank account. But, for that to work, there needs to be a back up funding source, which would be a credit or debit card.

Also, PayPal Security System might be taking steps to help keep your accounts (and the entire network) safe and secure. This is not a reflection on you at all. This just means PayPal's System has detected something that may be causing a higher than usual level of risk. It might help to log out of everything, delete the cookies and temporary internet files from your computer, re-start and try again after 24-48 hours.

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks for taking the time to post your question here, and thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.