working capital credit line reduced

rpurinton
New Community Member

Can anyone help explain this?  Customer service was not helpful at all.

My annual paypal sales are about $70,000 and hasn't changed at all.

In December 2016 I took my first working capital loan for 5500.  The automatic payments were all made and i paid the last 500 manually and the thing was paid off in like 85 days.     A few days later I was able to take a new loan for 10,500... By 85 days into this one i still owed 4100 or so.  I was trying to get some new equipment which was going to cost about 12k...  I had about 4500 cash on hand, so I assumed that if I paid off the remaining 4100 I would be able to take a new loan.  I paid off the 4100, and applied for a new loan but they're only approving me for $2500 now!?

This is basically leaving me **bleep**.  I guess I shouldn't have assumed I would get a new loan?   If my sales have stayed the same, and I have paid off my last 2 loans early, and i have had zero chargebacks or disputes... why have they reduced my credit line signifigantly?  why couldn't they tell me this before i paid off the 4100?  I would have been better off to NOT pay it off manually...   Now I'm basically broke... and can't afford my new equipment.  This might actually put me out of business... thanks alot PAYPAL! You suck!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

3v
Contributor
Contributor

Paying off early is bad!!! Dont understand how that is. You can call up customer service and have them reverse your big payment that paid off the loan. Might take a couple hours talking to agents though.

Login to Me Too

MrsJohnson
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever find out what happened or get an increase? 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal is not a deposit gathering bank,it has credit line,loans from various financial institutions and they are used to extend loans to us.

It could be they have extended as much as they like,or they have a change in their lending policy,there is no guarantee that Paypal would lend you new loan same or more than the one you paid off.

Even bank cannot guarantee you if you pay off your existing loan,would they lend again?

but at least Paypal has granted a new loan,just not what you expected it to be.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.