shipping charges not showing up in shopping cart.

Gottwool
Contributor
Contributor

shipping charges not being applied to the shopping cart since January 18, 2018. I have set up my profile correctly. Help. Website hosting says it is with PayPal cart.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

I'm thinking we need some more info.  Normally shipping does not show on the PayPal Checkout Screens until after the Credit Card info has been entered.  Has everything worked properly before January 18, 2018?

Login to Me Too

tropics03
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem. Shipping doesn't show anymore when customer add item in the cart. Just notice it today. Before, when customer add item in the cart and they view cart in Paypal, the shipping to enter zip code is available right away. Now, and even when you login, no shipping cost is being offered. I have 2 websites that uses Paypal buttons. Need answer asap. Calling Paypal Customer support and been hold for more than an hour but no answer. Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too

Gottwool
Contributor
Contributor

I too have been having problems since Jan. 18.  I was notified by Homestead that it was fixed.  Mine is still not working.  Gottwool.com  If others have had this fixed, I don't understand why mine wouldn't have also.  Can someone help??? Please and thank you.

Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

I was curious so I tried your cart - I selected and item, went through part of the check out process and the shipping charges do appear in the cart.  Here's a screen shot.

Screen_Shot_Shipping.jpg

Login to Me Too

Gottwool
Contributor
Contributor

Oh man, yippee do da day!  I am so relieved.  Kudos to you for testing it on your side and Kudos to the team that fixed this!!! Thank you.

Login to Me Too

tropics03
Contributor
Contributor

I guess Paypal fix the problem itself because mine is a Joomla custom template and didn't work yesterday and now it is working fine as well. I notice the difference, you have to login to your account or enter the payment information before you'll see the shipping charges. 😞 I'm talking on consumer side and not just as a developer and hoping they return it back to original where you'll see the shipping charges before you'll enter payment info so you know how much total you'll pay before anything else. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

I've been using PayPal and working with Payments Standard for quite a long time - when going through the Checkout Process, the shipping costs and method choice (if offered) always appeared after the Credit Card info was entered.  Note, this only applies to Payments Standard.  However, if you're using Payments Pro or a 3rd party cart (as theses are quite different from Payments Standard), the shipping in most scenarios is shown to the customer before entering any Credit Card info.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.