recommend steps to safe transaction canada to london england

zmame
Contributor
Contributor

I'm looking to sell a expensive item to someone in london, england. The price of the item is $4000 CAN plus shipping and handling. What steps should i take to make sure the transaction is safe for both parties?

I have herd of scams of people offering to pay what the item is worth than putting in a claim to get their money back after the item is recived.

what steps should i take to make sure we both are covered and im not out the money down the road?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

zmame
Contributor
Contributor

Well I think what I am going to do is just get a legal bill of sales with terms and conditions. It may not hold up, but atleast it's somthing to hand to PayPal if things go wrong.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Legal bills of sale would be for you to enforce through legal channels with attorneys.

PayPal would have not obligation nor any reason to act as the enforcing party to your bill of sale.

PayPal buyer/seller protecton goes strictly by PayPal policies, not your private bill of sale.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.