"Estimated 1 business day"

jordot
New Community Member
Hello, I saw that your service/website states it usually takes an estimated 1 business day to transfer funds from paypal to a bank account. I have asked 25+ friends and colleagues about their experience, and 0 of them had ever actually had money transferred in 1 day. Literally 0 of them. I have transferred funds 5 times from paypal to my account and the minimum it took was 4 days and thats after I called asking why it wasn't there yet. I know you don't guarantee it will be delivered by a certain time (thats a red flag) but you're not giving accurate estimates which is causing people to switch services. With companies like apple adding instantaneous bank to bank transfers in text messages this year, you need to step your game up before its too late.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal keeps our money in different banks,these banks are members of Fed Reserve System and clear among themselves using ACH,there are 4 levels of ACH,Paypal use the slowest but free level,hence 3-4 days,then give your bank 1 day to allocate the fund to your account.

If your bank is not a member but clear thru one which is,then figure more delay.

I dont understand why PAYPAL said one day,the only time it is possible is if your Paypal fund is kept in a PAYPAL bank account   ,and this is the same bank as yours,see,then it becomes intra bank transfer and it takes 1 day?

May be some day Paypal will use a different level of ACH which will cut down the number of days,or offer a choice,if you want faster transfer,you haev to pay?

As for the time being,

If you bank is a major bank like BAC.C.WFC,JPM,then you will get your money sooner than later!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.