Our account has been limited and we can't get it resolved

dfermusic
Contributor
Contributor

On 10/04/18 I received an email from paypal that I had until 25/05/18 to provide some information or my account would be limited. In accordance with the email I logged in and there wasn't any actions in the resolution centre, so I thought it might be a hoax. The following day a message turned up and my account 'WAS' limited - so much for 25/05/18.

I have provided all the information requested but if you go in the old 'classic view' of the resolution centre there were actually other items they required such as a utility bill. So I loaded everything that I could find to upload and have done it multiple times. Everything in their emails and website says it takes two days to review the information but it has now been five business days. And my account still says that they require more information but there is nothing else that they could require, and no where that I can find to upload anything else.

I have called phone support and sent numerous emails but Paypal just don't seem to care. They just say that it is up to the compliance team but I actually think that there system is broken somewhere because it still says they need more information and I have uploaded every document 3 times.

I have a business where our website uses Paypal as the main payment method and we are very reliant on it so this is massively inconvenient.

The worst thing is that if a customer purchases an item and pays on paypal, if we can't supply the item, they won't even let us refund the customer. Then our website gets a bad review because they think it is us and don't believe that Paypal would tie up their money.

Has anyone else had this trouble and been able to resolve it. I am at a loss to work out how to get Paypal to unfreeze our account - every deposit we receive is directly associated with ebay or website sales and it is easy to trace where the sales are coming from as it has a direct payment link when a sale is completed.

Has anyone had any luck with lodging a complaint with the financial ombudsman? Or any other advice, alternative contact methods would be appreciated.

Understand they want to verify customers but the emails, the online account logon, the help desk and the compliance team don't seem to know what everyone else is doing because there is no consistency from the online help, the emails I was sent and the telephone advice. It seems highly unprofessional to be treated like this when I have complied as requested. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

bvgands
New Community Member

we got same.. probably Paypal dont read properly.. 

Our account is limited from now..  Jokers 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.