Need assistance with sending money to another country for a business transaction

Stepfox
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I've been using paypal for a long time for simple merchant payments to games such as blizzard, steam, or various online purchases and most of the time it gets the job done and I like it, but I've recently made a new account (within 4-5 days old) since time of posting this, and I linked my bank account (chequing account) to paypal, went through all the steps and hoops to get it confirmed including the 2 values of deposits into my bank account and showing paypal what the values were, came back and got confirmed status with that account.

I am trying to do a business transaction between two parties myself, and another company so I can pay them to do a service for me, but I am unable to add funds to my account. I cannot add funds to my paypal balance because I get an error message saying "There's a problem with adding money to your account. If you'd like help, please contact us.".

the company has sent me a request for payment to help me out, and I follow the steps to "send payment" on the main screen, I am prompted with some basic information, including the method I which to send the funds with (the only one available is my bank account linked and confirmed), but the window states below my payment method "Money should be there around July 5, 2017. the problem this poses me is this is quite a long wait for the company and they would not likely start the service until funds were received, which is why I was trying to add funds to my account so I could potentially (hopefully) bypass the wait period, but every time I try to add funds I get the same error message, and was even locked out of my account for a while because I tried 4 times to add funds, keep in mind this value is a large amount so it may have triggered a security issue or warning, anyway I solved that issue today by sending them a bank statement, and they cleared my account and its good to go again... tried to add the amount same error message occurs as before. i'm a little confused here as what to do... does it really take over 1 month to send a payment internationally or is that just an estimated time of arrival meaning it could arrive much sooner?

additional information, my bank is a credit union (it is confirmed with paypal though), and the amount i'm trying to add is available to me in my bank account.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

how many accounts do you have?

we are allowed 2 accounts,personal and business.

if you have no problem in the past,why do you need another account?

is the bank linked to both accounts?

are you in UK,Paypal may have problem accessing your credit union account,how does it clear with other financial institutions?

Login to Me Too

Stepfox
Contributor
Contributor
ah I only have the one account now, which is a personal account, I closed the other account because it had old information and was incorrect (mainly the name) that was associated with it. the bank account has only ever been linked to the new account, never to the old one ever.
I live in Canada. I haven't tried anything else other than paypal so far, but I have tried wire transfers before in past with my credit union and I was able to do so for sending money to a friend in past.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.