My Wifesent me 317.00 dollars for her car payment

scottroxx
Contributor
Contributor

Hello , My Wife sent me 317.00 dollars for her car payment, i received the money but paypal has put it on hold till June 3 so i tried to refund the payment but it wont let me do it, says i don't have enough in balance but i didn't get her money yet as it held, she contacted paypal to let them know it was from her to me and made a mistake on the order she sent it but now we cant pay bills we both contacted paypal together to confirm who sent and who received so money could get sent back to her so she can pay a bill or release it to me but we have had no way to resolve this issue. What do we do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

scottroxx
Contributor
Contributor

That wasnt the case her money was held before this until everything was shipped feedback proof of delivery and 12 days of christmas with 35 dancing elves and lots of kittens with bells only red bells.  actually we called again and they set the money to release in a few days cause she was missing shiiping buttons etc on her account sale receipt, still gotta wait a few days but not three weeks thank goodness.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Find some other funding.

In future, don't depend on PayPal for needed funds.  PayPal can hold funds for 21 days and partial funds for longer depending on various circumstances.  While the funds are held they are not avaiable to use for anything.

They are held due to risks of loss for PayPal.

Even transferring funds to a bank can take 3-5 business days.

Login to Me Too

scottroxx
Contributor
Contributor

Well yes but the sender and receiver both are present with the same address verified same bank account verified etc we both contacted paypal together so why hold the funds?? We called from the same phone..

Login to Me Too

scottroxx
Contributor
Contributor

Well the funds were from her ebay sales which went to her paypal she was with her dad at the time he has cancer and she couldnt get home at the moment so she sent the money to me from her paypal because paypal hadnt verified her bank yet you know they sent the pennies etc but i am 100% verified in every single way so i was suppose to send it to my bank go write a check let the person know that they should wait a few days to cash as this wasnt a problem since they were a good friend.  But now paypal wont release the funds we nerver had any disputes or problems of any kind we both confirmed everything they asked us to and we both spoke them about the issue.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Phone calls and explanations will be be able to get around security models.

Just a guess but it could be related to her funding source just in case there are disputes from the eBay sales.

If you had transferred to funds to your bank there might have been some other issues that raise suspicion alerts.

For funding without holds, it's better to use a full merchant account where you go through an extensive credit check first.  PayPal doesn't do a full credut check so funds are sometimes restricted to limit the risk to PayPal.

Login to Me Too

scottroxx
Contributor
Contributor

She has no disputes or negative actions of any kind on ebay also this money was in her balance for a few days before she sent it to me.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Risk is about future disputes; that's one reason for holds.  PayPal want to make sure the funds are available incase of a dispute by a buyer.

My philosophy is to always keep sufficient funds in my PayPal account to cover potential returns on the last few sales.  I don't want to be in a bind in case of a dispute so I manage my own risks.

Login to Me Too

scottroxx
Contributor
Contributor

but we both contacted paypal so they know we wouldnt dispute as we are married and useing the same bank etc.. anyways how could a refund or cancel the payment create any disputes?

Login to Me Too

scottroxx
Contributor
Contributor

So maybe she should open a dispute and order the payment canceled? but we both at the same time on the phone with paypal tried to get it canceled or refunded in her account it only says repeat this transaction.

Login to Me Too

scottroxx
Contributor
Contributor

i cant transfer any funds as paypal has a hold on my received payment she sent i cant refund it or get it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.