Money on Hold for 21 days..

brennenh
Contributor
Contributor

I sold something to someone for online goods on a game, I recieved the payment they reciveved there goods but since this was my first time using paypal i'm guessing I have to wait 21 days to recieve my money, but there is a way to reduce the time by providing a tracking # and what company I shipped the item with, but I sold something for online goods i dont have a tracking # etc.. there's a note on the payment as well, any help? or do I have to wait 21 days? The $ is recieved but on hold.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sugarspostingID
Contributor
Contributor

eBay does not allow ONLINE goods to be sold on the regular eBay site. They can only be sold in the Classified Section of eBay. IF YOU have, sent an email information for online goods You might be able to send a first class envelope with All the details WITH Delivery confirmation through Snail mail. 

If What you sent had any value at all You are taking a big chance loosing Your money. You have NO way of delivery confirmation and the Buyer can file an item not received or If for instance, it was a gift card then they can spend it and say there was No money on it.on etc. 

So, You have No Seller protection from either eBay OR Pay Pal If the Buyer wants to scam you. The Buyer has 180 days to file on Pay Pal...and chances are 100% YOU will lose the case. I'd Sell it for cash...on Craig's list...Smiley Wink sugar

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.