Is this person trying to scam me?

Ganagua
Contributor
Contributor

I had a camera for sale on letgo, and the buyer suggested that we use PayPal for the transaction, I gave her my e mail when she requested payment details, and here is the email I got

Dear Richard,                                                                                                                                                    Powered by PayPal

This is an automated generated email from PayPal Desk© to inform you that you have just received a payment of $100.00 USD from our valuable customer (their name was here) (their e-mail was here). This payment has just been sent. This will take few hours after shipment details have been provided by you and verified before payment will be transferred to your account.

Transfer On Hold 98% Done......Until (Shipment Tracking Number Is Provided)

CLICK HERE TO ENTER YOUR SHIPMENT TRACKING NUMBER (Used to be a link that went to <removed>)

Sent to; Richard <removed> )
(my e-mail)
  Sent from; (their name)
(their email)   Payment Date; Mar, 28, 2017 Amount;
Description;
Transfer On Hold;

Shipping Address;

$100.00
Nikkon cool pics, point and shoot Camera

(Their requested shipping address was here)

Action Required :
What is required of you in order for your account to be credited is the shipment tracking/reference number, this number will be given to you at the Post Office after you might have sent the item to the bearer, this is part of our new policy and a security measure in order to protect both the buyer and the seller, also to verify if the item was really bought from you. Here at 

PayPal®

, you can be assured that your security and safety is our topmost concern and that the payment is legal and has been confirmed, also to guide you against fraudulent acts.

Once the item has been shipped and the tracking number sent to us, you will receive a "CONFIRMATION EMAIL" from PayPal® Team informing you upon receiving it.  Thanks for using PayPal(R) Online Auction Payment. We are looking forward to serving your online payment better in the future.
   Sincerely, 
Dan Schulman,Executive President/CEO
PayPal Team.  For more information, Email us : Click Here (used to be payservices at cash4u)
We hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for using PayPal!

------------

If the community could help me out with this it'd be highly appreciated 😃 and the funds aren't pending in my paypal summary, I've only received this e-mail

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

fs1611
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Dan,

I am deeply concerned about the handling of my account through your employees.
My name is frank <removed>, i am customer and member of paypal since 2007.
I use my account for payments nearly the whole time. this month the first time, i
sold a product via eBay and asked the german buyer to pay by paypal, what was a severe
mistake. when the money arrived, $ 100 for my wifes belt she ask me to sell, because
my son wanted to buy a ps4 and some pocket-money was missing, paypal limited my account.
after sending the requested information like passport, address proof and tax id, my account was closed,
the money is kept, the product was sent and my small son is crying.
Even the legal request to deny the acceptance of the money was blocked by paypal before the account was closed.
i tried several times to refund the buyer and did not accept the payment, but none cared.
for year, i was COB, BOD, President and CEO of international companies and now retired and moved to
Marbella Spain. Because I have not a lot to do, I will use my time to bring this case to the community,
all over the internet and will open a file with the official authorities, if it will not be solved within the next 48 hours.
My friends from the press will be delighted to get my information. You should choose your employees better,
not to cause so much trouble and damage for your company without reason.

warm regards
frank
<removed>
<removed>
<removed>

Login to Me Too

fs1611
Contributor
Contributor

what a shame paypal

Login to Me Too

fs1611
Contributor
Contributor

this is paypal's answer:

Your recent question about disputing a payment
1/17/18 at 7:29 PM

Hello frank <removed>,

Thanks for contacting us. Based on your selection, we’re sending you this automated response that explains how you can open a dispute or file a claim (for eBay and off-eBay transactions).

If these do not answer your question, please reply to this email and our customer service team will be happy to assist you.

A. How do I dispute a payment or file a claim?

Here is how to open a dispute:

1. Click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Center.
  2. Click Report a Problem.
  3. Select the transaction you want to dispute and click Continue.
  4. Select the reason for your dispute, then click Continue. 

To file a claim, first open a dispute and try to work out the problem with the buyer or seller through the Dispute Resolution process in the Resolution Center.

If you're unable to resolve the dispute, you can escalate it to a claim. By escalating your dispute to a claim, you're asking PayPal to investigate and decide the outcome.

To file a claim (by escalating an existing dispute):

1. Click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Center.
  2. Locate and click the case number for the dispute you want to escalate.
  3. Under "More Options," choose what you want to do.
  4. Follow the directions and provide the information you're asked for. 
Login to Me Too

toreylynn14
New Community Member
Was this a scam?? Same thing is going on with me! Thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.