How long does it take for credit cards?

Kiko3323
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item and we both used paypal in order to stay protected. I watched her add a new credit card to her account and then use that to pay the amount with. Then she said oh no it could take up to three days to go through....is this correct? I just want to make sure that I am not being scammed....there's no sign that there is a pending payment coming through on my end. The payment came in on Saturday...today is tuesday and still nothing??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If there is no transaction in your acocunt, then there is no money.  So don't ship.

If you watched another person enter information then that means you were present with the buyer.  Why didn't you accept cash while the buyer was there?

Login to Me Too

Kiko3323
Contributor
Contributor

They didn't have cash and used a credit card. It was a new card and she added it and then sent the payment however I haven't gotten anything. I realize it was a saturday and the thing said it could take up to three days for a new card payment to go through but it's tuesday now. tomorrow will be the third business day i just have never had a paypal transaction take this long but i usually transfer directly from a bank not a credit card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.