How do I solve this claim?! I am the seller.

jz6889

Long story short, sold something, buyer claimed it was fake, buyer opened dispute, we managed to work something out, I gave my offer to return the item for a refund , buyer agrees and ships them back, then asks for a refund. So here is where the problem starts. As soon as the buyer started  a dispute, the money the buyer had gave me became held. The money held is the money I needed to refund the buyer with. The buyer kept nagging as I tried to explain I can't refund because paypal has held the money. The buyer then escalates to a claim. This is where I'm **bleep** because I don't have money to refund the buyer and there's no way the buyer would want a partial refund. The buyer is also ignorant as I constantly try to exaplin the situation and the person just ignores it! Keep in mind I already got the item back from the buyer in the same packaging and everything. Could I just contact customer support and have them give the money back to the buyer because I have no use of it? I just want this to be over Man Sad

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

A_TeaMz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There,

No Need To Stress Buddy! 🙂 If This Is An eBay Sale Then Just Go To The Case & Click On Refund Buyer & The Money Held Will Be Given Back To The Buyer. If This Is A PayPal Case Then Just Click On The Transaction Held In Your Pending Balance & You Should See A Button That Says 'See Details On Classic Site' Then Once You Do That, Scroll Down Where You Will See 'Issue Refund'. You Have 180 Days To Refund The Buyer Back But I Believe You May Also Ggo To The Case & Also Refund The Buyer Through There Which Will Then Close The Case. You Can Also Call In & They Will Gladly Do It For You! The Money That Is Held Will End Up Going Back To The Buyer No Matter What As The Case Is Linked With The Transaction So The System Will Read That & Refund That Pending Balance To The Rightful Owner Which In This Case Is The Buyer. DO NOT Add Money & Send It To The Buyer As You Will Only Be Refunding The Buyer Twice! Hope I Helped With You Situation! Thank You!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.