Holding payment?!?!?!!!!

PamelaW
Contributor
Contributor

Alright, let me start by saying that I have been using PayPal for many years and have done more than $100,000 worth of business through them without any issues. That being said, today I find that any payments coming in through the account are being held until proof of delivery is shown?????

The reason, they state in their bot generated email, is, quote... "We’ve placed the money for this transaction on hold because we noticed that you have had recent disputes raised against you or transactions which were recently reversed by PayPal."

The disputes they are refering too I assume are refunds that I had to send to ebay customers. Now anyone familiar with ebay and their buyer-bias system knows that when I buyer opens a dispute then you as the seller are given few choices to resolve any issue, the most prevailant being a refund. In my case, two of my recent transactions were sent but never arrived and were listed as lost by the post office. They both opened a "item not recieved" case at my request and I refunded them. Ya see, the main issue with the ebay system is that if a seller initiates a refund or cancel transaction request we are given two options to choose for the refund; either the item is "out of stock" or is "lost/broken". Once the refund goes through on such a case then it is considered a strike against the sellers account. As with baseball, too many strikes and you are out. 

The only way to avoid a strike against your account is to ask the customer to open a request/case and then refund them when the option to do so is given. It closes the case and there is no strike against the sellers account. Don't ask me why their system is designed that way, but it is. A seller cannot initiate a refund for any reason without it being a strike against them.

The most recent refund I had to give was to a customer in Mexico who purchased some rifle magazines from me through ebay. He purchased and paid, but when trying to send to him I found that it was illegal for me to send him the magazines. He disputed this, attempted to get me to falsify the shipping invoice, etc... I wouldn't do it, he opened an item not recieved case and I refunded him.

Now, apparently PayPal believes that I am somehow not sending items to customers and they are holding money as it comes in. 

This is unacceptable. I have been a customer and account holder for a long time here and I will not have my payments held. I need to know who I need to speak to to have restriction lifted? I have called today about it but got nothing but a run around from people with less than decent english skills. How long is this going to go on? How long will PayPal hold my transaction payments??? and how do I talk to someone in a US call center about it???

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.