Enter Tracking Information and Order Status

midevil_chaos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all. Someone sent me money via paypal after purchasing something I posted on ebay. So, I decided to log into PayPal (since I needed to verify something unrelated), and I noticed I could click on a button "Add Tracking Info". I clicked on it and fell on this page:

Enter Tracking Information and Order Status
Enter the shipping details. If you used a shipping company that isn't listed here, choose Other and enter the shipper's name.

If you shipped the order, please provide a tracking number. If the order is for a service or item that doesn't need to be delivered or doesn't have a tracking number, select Order Processed/Service Rendered. (Examples of items that don't require shipping include an e-book, song or album, or a smart phone app.)

We'll share the information you provide with the buyer, exactly as you enter it.

Order Status:
Tracking Number:
Shipping Company:

Finally, I placed the order as shipped, the correct tracking number and shipping company, and then got this page:
If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.
If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.
If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

What the heck??? I thought to myself. Tried a different browser, same result. Someone said to another PayPaler (I looked around for answers) to go to this page which does not answer whatsoever why I cannot put a tracking number:
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/brc/funds-availability

So, my question: what gives...? Why can't I put in a freaking tracking number??? Not only does the error message make no sense in relation to what I am trying to do, but it is not even related to my issue.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if it is an ebay sales,enter tracking on ebay.

if not,good luck

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if it is an ebay sales,enter tracking on ebay.

if not,good luck

Login to Me Too

midevil_chaos
Contributor
Contributor

H Sumiko. That was the first thing I did when I got the tracking number. Are you saying I don't need to worry about placing it on PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

MOST ebay SELLERS would print the shipping label via Ebay,and the tracking will automatically shown on the listing,so both buyer and seller can follow.

and it will also be shown on Paypal with that transaction.

Login to Me Too

midevil_chaos
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I saw the option to do that. If I click on it, it just loads an error page, nothing more than that. Anyhow, I don't have ink for my printer, so it wouldn't have made a difference in this case.

Login to Me Too

TimePerfected
Contributor
Contributor

2 solutions to your problem

1) Go on eBay and under items sold, find the more actions button attach the tracking (as the previous reply ^^ states) 

2) Call into PayPal's technical support and report the issue and have a rep manually attach the tracking to the transaction

Good Luck indeed! Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

Firepantheress
Contributor
Contributor

I entered my tracking number. I can verify on USPS website that the package has been delivered but Paypal again is refusing to see that the tracking number is correct. I put it exactly how it is on the receipt. I even tried it with no spaces. Again they want to hold my money for 21 days. This is unacceptable 😞      Help

Login to Me Too

midevil_chaos
Contributor
Contributor

Please don't piggyback on my thread. Start a new one... I'd be the last person to know what to do when it comes to tracking questions.

Login to Me Too

Firepantheress
Contributor
Contributor

I'll just delete my question completely. I thought i would find someone in the community with answers, but i guess not.

Login to Me Too

midevil_chaos
Contributor
Contributor

Uhm, you can, but not by piggybacking on someone else's thread. The reality is that no one, except me, would actually look at this thread. So, you wouldn't find the needed help. That is why you should start your own.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.