Confusion

johnvvvvvv
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm trying to buy sole steal's membership for 19.99 a month, I have 281.00 USD in my PayPal account and have 2 credit cards that have money linked to my PayPal account, but when I try to buy the membership It says I have to add another credit card. I have tried adding a gift card but nothing happens after linking it, it just tells me to link another one. I am really confused as for why this is happening. I just want to buy my shoes 😞

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Webion
Contributor
Contributor

I've been just about pulling my hair out to get this to work. I've been running into similar issues linking my Paypal account to Gumroad and a couple other sites.

I found a solution for me that is really just a bandaid solution, but I think Paypal needs to fix the problem with Express Checkout.

I use Chrome and just tried using an addon called "Quick JavaScript Switcher" (or you could just disable JavaScript in your browser temporarily I guess).

When I got to that Paypal window I turned off JavaScript and it forced Paypal to go into what looks like a legacy mode, stating that some functions need JavaScript and it asked for a CAPTCHA then it went through to the confirmation page and everything worked as it should.

Now only try this if you're comfortable with it, but I'm just saying it worked for me and I'm relieved.

Let me know if it works for you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.