Buying anything through PayPal IMPOSSIBLE

Resdim
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am in the process of trying to buy essential computer components through Ebay. I need these parts last week, and PayPal has had my account messed up for about 2 months now. I cannot make any purchases through my linked bank account. The PayPal balance (now at $16) was working but won't go below that limit.

Upon logging in to any website checkout through PayPal. I am shown a message that says "this purchase cannot be made at this time, please try again later."

Is PayPal really "one of those" companies like Comcast and Microsoft who hire morons for their customers to talk to?

I waited to talk to Customer "Service" for almost an hour! And then she hung up on me after insisting it's not an account issue but a PayPal security issue with the seller! I told her repeatedly that even Best Buy would not work, and that I am stuck in a post-confirmation pre-approval security stage or something.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

How does PayPal have your account messed up for 2 months?  You need to fix it before you attempt any purchaces.

Now wouldl be a good time to use a credit card for purchases.

Login to Me Too

Resdim
Contributor
Contributor

Again, called PayPal, representative who took an hour to respond told me that my account is fine. She wouldn't tell me or didn't know what was wrong with the purchases. I am not going to call PayPal for another 2 hours. Bad enough I am forced into their system. Also, I shouldn't have to use a credit card when PayPal is on a website. This is the point of using PayPal and the reason for me asking this here rather than simply leaving PayPal

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal is a payment processor and a good one.  On the other hand I would not use PayPal to manage purchases.  If you don't sell stuff then there is no reason to have a PayPal account.  We have it for business selling, except an occasional use for PPC promotions.

For regular purchases, always credit card, no hassles.

So use your credit cards, get the rewards, and keep life hassle free.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.