bcchanger.com & PayPal. Serious Relationship? or Just a Hookup

Docta
Contributor
Contributor

I stumbled upon this website bcchanger.com offering to facilitate the buying and selling of Bitcoin with the option of PayPal being accepted as payment between individuals wishing to trade. The site seems more message board then cryptocurrency exchange. 

There webpage setup has no SSL or any security features at all from what I can tell. Its code is from a  CometBird HTML browser template with no certificate. The CometBird browser being beloved of cyber attackers and hackers worldwide does nothing to instill confidence. They have links to other traders such as coinmama.com and VirWoX.com neither of them tend to instill any steadfastness commercial sense, they all seem a bit of an odd partnership. There’s no clear ownership or commonality but I expect the Second Life people at Virtual World Services are having there coders dip a toe in the water, an attempt to use there considerable server Decrypt/ Encrypt ability to cerate a virtual Bitcoin exchange on the back of there server codes attributes. No doubt giving them a clear market edge through brute-force capability.

I can understand PayPal’s association with VirWoX.com for its shear numbers of subscribers that it and there Linden Dollar’s can find some common ground, but PayPal allowing the double P icon or  the use of its name on a site that directs credit card payers to coinmama,com. A so called  cryptocurrency exchange. with a godaddy Authority Root Certificate that looks like my little bother knocked up in computer class at high school.

I posted a trade request just to see if it would appear and appear it did. But the sequence had nothing but an email validation. with no bot engine captha request validation other then: type these numbers into a box. The numbers were not obscured by the use of shuffled or overlapping font conformations making to a target for the dumbest hackers on earth.

I  though it all looks a little to good to be true. The payment potions are a list of intermediary providers so long there even a box you can tick that says “Other” so for a side with not even a cheap **bleep** SSL certificate from GeoTrust I’m not sure how much I’d wot this new playerr massing account information form far and wide,

PayPal need to keep a watchful eye upon dilution of the brand, the security of its core assets “consumer protection” can be lost in board meetings that concern themselves more with future revenue then costumer expectation. 

I'm interested in comment, any body made a tate on this site? I,ve all ways seen PayPal a financial firewall that is the traffic cop between where my money is and where its going.

Have PayaPal support had any issues with Bcchanger?

Here the full list of payment options at bcchanger,

PayPal®

MoneyBookers®

Google® Checkout

Alert® Pay

Western Union®

Ukash®

popmoney®

Liberty Reserve®

OK Pay®

Direct Wire/Bank Transfer

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.