Why does paypal display my full name when my one goes to make a donation.

MrFlux
Contributor
Contributor

Whenever someone goes to donate they see my full name.  This is not done to anyone else.  I have seen how it works for others taking donations and email address is given.  It is only me that they do this too.  There is no tech support and their automated online chat bot is retarded.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi MrFlux,

If you have a Personal or Premier account, the email address will be displayed on the PayPal checkout pages.  If you have a Business account, we will display the business name you entered.  I've pasted instructions for changing the business name below:

1. Log into your PayPal account.
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'My business info.'
  4. Click 'Update' next to 'Business information.'
  5. Click 'Change name' next to 'Business Contact Name.'
  6. Select 'Business Name Change (business name)' and click 'Continue.'
  7. Enter your new business name and click 'Continue.'

Another option would be to customize the PayPal checkout pages with a business or organization logo. You can learn more about that here:  Co-Branding the PayPal Checkout Pages

I hope this helps! 🙂

You can learn more about PayPal's privacy policy here: Privacy Policy

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

MrFlux
Contributor
Contributor

No it does not help.  THe instructions are false.  There is no ability to change business name.  It says it will not change business name.

Customizing pages has no options to change anything just one selection for Papal primary page.

The issue is that every other donate button I have ever seen only displays the persons email.  I have talked to others online and they did nothing special for that to happen.

I am from an ethnic neighborhood and I am suspecting discrimination based on my IP address being from a poor ethnic neighborhood.

Now everyone else with a standard non-business Paypall account gets their email displayed on the checkout page and my full name is displayed.

I would like to know if it is not discrimination based on my ethnic neighborhood then what is this discrimination based on.

This is keeping me out of making any money online and will therefore very quickly become a discrimination lawsuit filed in the state of Illinois.  Any click contract that says disputes are to be settled elsewhere do not apply under Illinois law when you discriminate racially against it's citizens

Login to Me Too

MrFlux
Contributor
Contributor

I have repeatedly tried to follow your instructions and every time the PayPal systems says it will not allow name changes.  Apparently whatever name you give as your personal name is forever your Business name and cannot be changed.  This is not about changing my name it is about getting it to display an email address like it dope for everyone else.  So I can collect donations without having to give personal information out. 

Your system should never display a private persons name it is a security risk.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.