Where is the USPS ONLINE-PURCHASED Discounted Rates Per OZ/POUND Link Via PayPal?

VtgPotpourri
Contributor
Contributor

I'm used to using eBay's Shipping Options Calculator using USPS ON-LINE DISCOUNTED rates, rather than PAID-AT-STORE rates. At Blujay Marketplace, I prefer to MANUALLY INCLUDE on each item instead of using overall CALCULATED shipping. If I'm shipping and paying via PayPal, does PayPal ALSO offer the discounted rates and where is the link or tab to see each First Class ounce and Media/Bookrate and Priority pounds in order to price my listings accordingly and accurately?

Or do I use the RETAIL vs COMMERCIAL rates below even though eBay's discounted First Class rates are significantly less than the Retail below ($1.64 vs $1.95 for 1-3 ounces and $1.81 vs $2.12 for 4 ounces, and so on (Does PayPal's?):

http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals/dmm300/notice123.pdf

Another different question:

If I use the BUY NOW button, how do I prevent non-US buyers from immediately paying the lower US buyers rate quoted in item description? Not even sure if Blujay has a field for that button, or does that and all buttons  generate on the PayPal checkout? Running out of characters here. Thank you for your anticipated help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi VtgPotpourri,

Welcome. 🙂

When using USPS with PayPal shipping, we charge the actual USPS rates.  When you enter in the shipping information, we receive a rate directly from USPS.

As we don't maintain a list of all the shipping rates, I recommend viewing them by visiting usps.com and clicking “New Prices, Jan 22 2012” near the bottom of the page.

I'm not familiar with Blujay checkout or shopping cart but I know that the shipping calculator can be set to detect countries and apply different shipping rates based on what the buyer selects.

Instructions for editing shipping calculations can be found here: Setting Shipping Methods

If you are using shipping calculations within Blujay, you may need to contact their support for more information.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.