Skipped payments?

rebeccalhunter
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

If I get this message from Paypal, what might be the reasons for it?

"We cannot process the following recurring payment. We will try again in five days."

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

On PayPal's side it can be a number of things - it ca be a 'time out' issue in communicating with the bank or credit card.  There's a good chance it will fine in the next attempt.  If any account details were changed, i.e., address added, deleted or changed - this can also cause the payment to fail.  Another possible reason, some banks only allow a certain number of months for recurring billing now to protect the customer.

Login to Me Too

rebeccalhunter
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for replying so quickly.

This just seems to be a very frequent occurrence recently, and it's something I've never had issues with before. It happened again today, but no reason's been given. Is there anything more specific it could be down to? It's affecting payments from several people.

Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

DeadIntoIt
Contributor
Contributor

Yep I'm going through it too. Same statement, no reason given.

Client doens't have a clue as to why it's happening. Credit card and payment information is all correct.

Recurring payments have been going through without problem for over 18 months now until this month.

Guess I'm due for a call to PayPal Support . Though I have to admit their support is FAR superior to what it has been in the past, I hope they treat me as well with this issue.

I'll post back here if I find out something that might be helpful.

Mike C.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.