Shipping

Soccerboy496
New Community Member

Hi! I sell products on Amazon, but I need cheaper shipping options. I buy a product for $0.95, and sell it for $5 with free shipping. I currently pay around $3 in shipping for an envelope weighing under 3 oz. I need tracking, which is why I think the price is higher. I read online that my shipping costs could be around $1.69, including tracking. Is there a way I can tap into these savings? I need to charge $5 to be competitive, and I need to include tracking. What are my best options? Anyway I can get the shipping costs down? 

Thank you! 🙂

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

What does this have to do with paypal?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Soccerboy496
New Community Member

I read that you could buy shipping through Paypal. Is that true? If not, do you have any other suggestions?

Login to Me Too

leilahamaya
Contributor
Contributor

hi

its been a while since you posted this, but i just came upon this looking up some shipping info.

i regularly ship small/large envelopes, small "parcels" and flats / bubble envelopes.

theres actually a lot of confusion/upselling among postal workers and post offices about the proper costs of these types of  "large envelopes" / "flats" as they are called by the USPS. intentional or unintentionally, many people are overcharged for shipping things of this type, especially those which are under 3 ounces in weight. to have your "large envelope" qualify for the lower rate of mailing, it must be under 3/4 inch in thickness, it must be somewhat flexible, and it must be rectangular. the items within must be taped down or secure, so they dont move.

if it fits these requirements, it is properly catgorized as a "flat" or a "large envelope" and is two stamps = or $0.98 cents to mail if it is under one ounce.

at two ounces it is currently $1.19, and so on, for every extra ounce add $0.21 cents for each ounce.

many people are incorrectly charged as a "parcel", which is minimum 3 ounces, and starting postage at  $2.32. however the requirements for "parcels" is that they are MINIMUM 3/4 inch thick. another words if your envelopes/bubbly is thicker than 3/4 inch thick, it is considered a parcel and goes at the higher "parcel" rate, first class mail.

in spite of this many misinformed or otherwise employees of the PO will charge $2.32 and not allow a person to just pay the correct "large envelope" rate, it is actually quite annoying, their inconcistancy. but it is legit to send these with their proper postage in stamps, i also write on them the exact weight, so that anyone can see the correct amount of stamps is applied.

years ago there were corresponding low prices for one ounce parcels, and then the minimum was 3 ounces, at a much higher rate,  when the postal prices were raised.

Login to Me Too

pspcoop

If you purchase first class shipping through paypal, it includes tracking. The costs of shipping 1 to 3 oz via first class with tracking on paypal is $2.03 (it was a bit cheaper at the time you posted your question).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.