Receiving money from HS Anniversary attendees

jwfowler2
New Community Member

Somehow I was tagged treasurer for my 20 year HS reunion group. Now, I need to receive money from the attendees of our reunion coming up next month. I'd love to use PayPal to avoid mailed checks and cash in-person but I'm not seeing a way to do this. I'm not selling anything nor do I want to send individual invoices. I just want to receive payment from a group.

Ideally, I'd be able to email (or post to our FB page) a link that would allow anyone in our group to pay online via PayPal and have that money go to my PayPal account.

Surely this is possible.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Matt_S
Contributor
Contributor

I'm going to 'piggyback' onto your post since I'm doing the same for my 25th reunion...... I have my separate reunion bank account setup already, but I'm not sure if I should setup a premier or business account...... I see many threads related to this topic & many thoughts & suggestions but nothing definitive unfortunately....

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi jfowler2 and Matt_S,

Welcome! 🙂

You can do this with a Premier or Business PayPal account.  Matt_S you'll probably want to setup a business account if you're using a separate bank account.  Using a Business account would also allow you to set a Business name which can be something other than your personal name and email.

jwfowler, while you can't put a PayPal button directly on facebook, a payment link will work.  One of our Integration experts has a tutorial on it here:

Put a PayPal Payment Link on Facebook

So however you decide to do this, creating a PayPal button/link is the way to go.  You can put it on facebook, on a website or send the Payment Link in an email and the attendees can all click to pay.  No need for individual invoices.

Depending on when the reunions are, you may also be able to use the PayPal Here mobile app to accept cards and checks in person as well as record cash payments at the reunion.  https://www.paypal.com/here

I hope this helps! 😄

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.