Problem with shipping calculator

DwightGordon
New Community Member

I have a Yola website, and am using the paypal shopping cart that comes with it.  I am trying to get shipping to calculate as follows: $10 for orders up to $100, and 10% for orders over $100.  Is this possible?  I have tried fiddling every way I can find, with no luck.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately you can't mix the shipping calculations thru your PayPal Account profile shipping calculations.  You can do amounts, weights or percentages quite easily however, you cannot mix the calculation methods.  In order to do what you have in mind, you would either have to have a custom programmed cart or find a 3rd party cart that has the features you need.  It's possibe to have different shipping methods however, it would not make much sense to your customers.  For example, you could have a Priority method based on amount and a Standard method based on percent.  Don't think that logic would work based on your post.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately you can't mix the shipping calculations thru your PayPal Account profile shipping calculations.  You can do amounts, weights or percentages quite easily however, you cannot mix the calculation methods.  In order to do what you have in mind, you would either have to have a custom programmed cart or find a 3rd party cart that has the features you need.  It's possibe to have different shipping methods however, it would not make much sense to your customers.  For example, you could have a Priority method based on amount and a Standard method based on percent.  Don't think that logic would work based on your post.

Login to Me Too

DwightGordon
New Community Member

Bummer.  Thanks for clarifying anyway.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.