PayPal gives me fake address, company name and phone number for the buyer.

selectphonedata
Contributor
Contributor

I received a non ebay purchase  Paypal payment of $395 for a service I provided and buyer filed a non receipt dispute 40 days after service was delivered. The Paypal payment showed the USA shipping address as "confirmed" so I assumed I was dealing with a company in the USA.

When the dispute was filed I contacted the buyer and found that they are actually in India. The USA address that Paypal has on record as "confirmed" turns out to be "123 No shipping address needed, Atlanta, GA" The business name given to Paypal turns out to be fake and the phone number given is for a woman in south Florida that has never heard of the buyers.

I contacted Paypal 2 different times by email asking just what "confirmed shipping address" means and they would not respond.

I lost the dispute and Paypal refunded the money to the buyer regardless of the fact I provided documents that the buyer received the service. I have had this Paypal business account for over 10 years with over 8000 transactions and not one dispute ever not settled or any problems with my account of any kind.

I called Paypal and was told that the buyer had provided what was necessary to confirm the shipping address. I asked how that can be since the address is clearly a fake, the business name was fake and the phone number was incorrect? I just got the run around. I stated that I pay a lot of money for their services and I had assumed they were checking to at least see if a shipping address given was in anyway a valid mailing address before confirming it and to at least note on the account that the address given was clearly a fake.

The agent refused.

Does anyone know how to contact someone at Paypal in mangement? I feel for the thousands of dollars a year I pay Paypal that they should at least try to protect the seller from fraud by confirming contact details given to open a Paypal account or take notice when it is pointed out to them that they are fake.

Thank you for any help here

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@selectphonedata

Gosh thats awful   Smiley Surprised

I would put it all in writing and send to  >>>

Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.