Now I understand why so many don't ship overseas, but does this same policy apply within the states.

2PawsRiver
New Community Member

Sold an item to an overseas buyer who was very specific about how he wanted it shipped.  Shipped with an international tracking number, not worried, I have proof the item was mailed and even with a small degree of common sense, I'm safe............NOT. 

If it gets lost in the mail, which so far it has, from what I have read Paypal sticks me for the cost, in this case 320 dollars.

Has anybody in this sitution found a way to not get **bleep**ed over by paypal..........and just to shorten the learning curve, does this same policy apply to shipments even within the states.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry but why would you not want to refund a buyer that did not get an item they bought from you??

Insurance/tracking is for your protection so you must risk assess every item you sell as some countries don't have delivery confirmation even if sent trackable and for expensive items you need to be careful.

Yes even though i am UK i know its the same "within a country".

Would you like to buy an item and not receive it? Would you not want a refund? Yes course you would.

However ask your buyer to allow plenty of time for the item to arrive as international items can be held up in customs. Have you tried the tracking number to see if you can locate it?

Also if you do have tracking and the item does not arrive then you may well be able to claim from your shipping company. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.