Linking PayPal Here inventory with PayPal web order buttons

ArtByCady
Contributor
Contributor

I run a small business, where I use PayPal Here for in-person purchases, but also have a website where people buy products that I then ship.  In most cases, the inventory is the same, whether I'm selling from my phone (PayPal Here) or website.  The struggle I have is that both products don't seem to be too aligned and I'm unable to track inventory properly between the two systems.

Am I missing something or is this really the case?  I'm contemplating a true eCommerce site, but before I sink money into that, I'm trying to find my own solutions.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You're not missing angything.  PayPal Here inventory catalog of items it totally separate from any other store inventory you manage.  If you want to use PayPal Here and manage inventory, you'll need all your inventory on PayPal Here.

You could also investiage a PayPal total inventory POS system.

For online, however, you're probably best with a stand-along eCommerce site; I have one from 1and1.com.  I also have a limited inventory on PayPal Here catalog; relational data between the two is all manual.

I want to use PayPal here for mone in-person selling but I still have issues with PayPal, such as printing random times on the printed receipt and not capturing the customer's name for all credit card purchases. On the other hand, PayPal Here is the only smartphone option which does work with a bluetoo printer; Square does not.

Login to Me Too

ArtByCady
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!  That's helpful...frustrating that they don't link the two a little bit better.  I'll check out 1&1's eCommerce offering and see if it'll fit with my needs.  For now, it'll still be a bit of manual effort and some hair pulling in the process!  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.