Invoice Item Date Field

Intakehoses
Contributor
Contributor

In between the Item Name/ID and Quantity Fields, there is a Date field with a pop-up calendar. What is is for?? The invoice already has date of invoice and date due fields, so what is this used for? It is a pain because the little calendar pops up and blocks the description field. We currently just bypass that date field because we don't know what its purpose is, but the pop-up calendar definitely gets in the way.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Lots of Dates for sure.  There's the Date the invoice was created, the Date the invoice is due and the item Date.  Even in this guide: https://www.x.com/sites/default/files/pp_invoicing_users_guide.pdf

It's not clearly explained so you just have use your imagination for it's use. The date is intended to be associated with the item.  For example, could be the date the item was manufactured, or an expiration date or whatever.  Anyway, it's there and I'm sure it's useful for some folks.  There's no option to remove it or hide it.

Login to Me Too

Intakehoses
Contributor
Contributor

Well there SHOULD be a way to remove it or hide it. It's a royal pain and we are considering dumping the PayPal invoices because of it.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Dump away, unfortunately there no options or features to what have in mind.

Alternatives:

http://www.stayonsearch.com/top-10-paypal-alternatives

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Kristen
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi -

The date field is an optional field that is used especially by services to show the date work was completed.  You can just skip over it as you have been doing. 

Sorry to hear that it has been causing frustration.  I agree that you should have the option to hide it.  Great idea - we will be working on this soon. I will also look into supressing the calendar from popping up automatically.

Cheers,

Kristen

(Lead Product Manager for Invoicing)

Login to Me Too

Intakehoses
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the problem is the calendar popping up when tabbing through the fields. It hides the next item and it cannot be removed - it stays there no matter what you do.

Login to Me Too

Intakehoses
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry I don't think it's useful for some folks as you say. Everything I've ever seen on this issue is just confusion as to what it's for. There is no obvious connection of date to item unless a connection is stated, such as expiration date, manufactured on, etc. And information like that can simply be stated in the item description. A generic date field is useless for everyone involved. The whole item date field should just go away, in my justifiably irritated opinion.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.