Incorrect pricing for shipping variables - HELP!!

DaniShay
Contributor
Contributor

I am having problems with my shipping variables calculating the correct pricing for multiple items during checkout. Can someone please help me figure this out?

Here is an example:
I have my variables set up so that the first item costs $7 to ship, the second adds an additonal $4, and any addtions third through ninth are an addtional $1 each. During check out it does one and two items correctly (totaling $11 for shipping), but for third and up is also charges an additional $4 each. Another problem is if I purchase the same shirt, but different sizes, it will charge the full $7 for the first of each size, and then $4 each for each additional shirt.

If it helps any to know this info, I have the button set up as "shopping cart" with a drop down menu offering four sizes. I have the shipping override turned on, so in Step 3 of the button creating process, I use the "advanced variables" option with the following coding:

shipping2=4.00
shipping3=1.00
shipping4=1.00
shipping5=1.00
shipping6=1.00
shipping7=1.00
shipping8=0.00
shipping9=0.00

HELP?!

One last question would be, how can I also integrate International shipping prices into the same button or is that not a possibility?

Thanks! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi DaniShay,

Unfortunately 'shipping3-9' are not valid parameters; only 'shipping' and 'shipping2' exist at this time.

'shipping' is used to set the shipping cost for one item, and 'shipping2' can be used to adjust the shipping rate for any subsequent items in the cart.

If you're also thinking of calculating international shipping fees, in conjunction with the $7-$4-$1 shipping fees, then I'm afraid we don't really have an out-of-the-box solution for you.

You would need to consider using an eCommerce package such as 'osCommerce', 'Zen Cart' or 'Magento', all of which are free and come with extensive support for variable (interational and national) shipping amounts.

Hope this helped. Please let me know if you have any questions.

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.