I'm being forced to login twice... every time, from every device

HaveAnEpiphany
Contributor
Contributor

No matter what device or browser I use, I'm forced to enter login information a second time. I've cleared cookies, used different browsers, and I'm having the same experience on mobile or desktop.

Often, I see the "You must log in before you access this page" error after the first login attempt.

This happens if I'm just logging in to check my account or if I'm in a checkout process.

The second time I enter my details, I'm always logged in. I'm not entering anything differently -- email/password are correct. I'm not seeing any errors related to incorrect login details. I just have to do it twice. Every time.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
136 REPLIES 136

verilucis

+1 here.  Please fix this.  

Thanks. 

Login to Me Too

This is rediculous and has been going on for months.  I go to www.paypal.com, get promoted to sign in, do so, then get prompted to sign in Again, do so, then get some chaff screen about paypal credit cards that I dont want and have to click something else.

Why do I have to login twice and keep clicking through?  I just want to access the account!

(1) Paypal, fix your login system, its clearly broken

(2) When we login please dont push us with this intermediate credit card screen, we dont care, it just wastes time.

Login to Me Too

GetUNstuckNOW
Contributor
Contributor

... chiming in on this login-twice thing.

Today is Feb 23, 2016 and this has only been an issue for me for a few weeks (many indicate it has been true for them for eons ;-0

I've cleared cookies, tried four separate browsers on each of: My Mac, My Dell (Windows) and three separate phones ( both IOS, OS).

Nothing. Same double login issue.

And more recently, this added, waste more of our time screen, after the 2nd login;

- - - - - - -  screen clip - - - - - - -

PayPal Logo removed here (see PS* below)

- - - -  - - - - - - 

User-unfriendly to the max!

Paul

* PS This note was flagged when I submitted it first time... due to the PayPal logo in the screen clip above: 'Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed."

<removed>

Login to Me Too

pwsowner
Contributor
Contributor

I've been getting that extra page too lately. Lucky for me (fingers crossed) my cell still gets me in after the first attempt, but it too sometimes gives that extra page.

Login to Me Too

Boooo
Contributor
Contributor

I've been dealing with this double-log in stuff for almost TWO YEARS.

It's is constant on my main iMac.  I use Google Chrome, latest version, with everything updated to latest versions (operating system etc).

I *always* have to log in twice.  Plus frequently on payment pages I can't log in AT ALL, I get as far as "Securely logging you into your account" and it just hangs forever, nothing happens.

Is this a Paypal problem?  Or a google Chrome problem?  I'm really sick and tired of it.

Login to Me Too

inTank
Contributor
Contributor

It is a PayPal issue.  It is not your browser or device.

They either are refusing to address the issue or they can not fix it.

Login to Me Too

manucpa
Contributor
Contributor

I emailed Paypal Support and here is their reply (after first getting a useless form email):

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

I apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

PayPal is aware of a technical issue that is causing the multiple login issue. Our technicians are requesting that affected customers please send a screenshot of the page you are directed to after the first login, and the source code for the page directed to.

If you could please send this information to (i had to remove the email address)

Please include your email address in the subject line and the note: Orbit 3082 Attn: Gwen

Thank you for being a valuable member of the PayPal community.

Sincerely,
Gwen
PayPal Business Customer Service
PayPal

Login to Me Too

mconroy42
Contributor
Contributor

TO PAYPAL,

It has been over 2 years this issue is no closer to a solution then 2 years ago. It is a shame that you have not the technical expertise to fix this. Screenshots are not an option due to the fact we must discontinue the use of our VeriSign method of additional security at login to be able to use payments. Immagine the enduser has no time to go back to the method just to give a screenshot to an obvious problem that is nearing its 3rd year and your software designers are still clueless to the solution!!! STOP EVERYTHING YOU ARE IMPROVING NOW, and fix this already.... Geeezzzzz, get with the program guys!

Mike Conroy

Login to Me Too

CapTex
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is with the URL you are using to log in. If you use this url, you'll only have to login once. I created a bookmark with this link and it works great.

https://www.paypal.com/signin/?returnUri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.paypal.com%2Fmyaccount&state=%2Fhome

What this does it tell PayPal to redirect the browser to the /myaccount home page after login. If you're being forced to login twice, this is the URL that PayPal is giving you for the second attempt. By going to the URL above first, you basically jump past the first login and go right into the second one.

Login to Me Too

inTank
Contributor
Contributor

You rock CapTex

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.