E Checks

JMD16
Contributor
Contributor

I bought 2 items, and I paid for them together with my ebay bucks certificate and the rest from my paypal balance.

2 or 3 days later ebay says my purchases are "pending" due to part of my payment being an E CHECK.

I never heard of it in my 18 years here, but have now found out it came out of my bank.

Did I hit a wrong button when I paid or did ebay and/or paypal take from my bank account without my permission even though I had plenty in my paypal balance?

Thanks;

Jack

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JMD16

Do you use pay after delivery?

Were the funds in your paypal account balance cleared and not pending?

Were the funds in your paypal account in the same currency for the person you are paying ie it was not an international transaction??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JMD16
Contributor
Contributor

No, Yes, yes

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JMD16

''Think'' I have figured it out, paypal would not split a payment via your balance and ebay certificate.

They would use your certificate and then your bank account or card.

The only time they split a payment normally is between balance and other funding source ie bank account or card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JMD16
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the further answer, appreciated.

It sounds plausible, except that I've been getting these ebay bucks certificates for 3 or 4 quarters now, and I've always used them along with my paypal balance without problem. maybe it was because I paid for two purchases to 2 different sellers at the same time, something I don't normally do.

In any case I appreciate your time and comments, and I'm just going to be a little more careful in the future. 

Regards;

Jack

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.